Used when you want to send email to group of people without having to type each individual recipient's name, distribution lists are organized by a particular discussion subject (such as “Marketing”) or by users who share common work that requires them to communicate frequently. They also provide a way for you to automatically forward email to multiple email addresses.
Distribution lists are sometimes called distribution groups.
Create a distribution list (group)
- Go to the .
- Select the app launcher icon and choose Admin.
Can't find the app you're looking for? From the app launcher, select All apps to see an alphabetical list of the Office 365 apps available to you. From there, you can search for a specific app.
- Choose Groups in the left navigation pane.
- Under Type of group, select the dropdown and choose Distribution list.
- Enter a name and add a description for your new distribution list.
You can choose whether you want people outside your organization to send email to the distribution list.
- When you're ready, click or tap Add to create the distribution list, and Close to view your distribution list.
- To add users to your distribution list, see Add a user or contact to an Office 365 distribution list.
Check out how to use distribution lists in Outlook 2016 and Outlook on the web in the Use contact groups (formerly distribution lists) in Outlook topic.
Check out Troubleshooting distribution list issues for help with distribution list issues.
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-distribution-lists-in-the-office-365-admin-center-b1ffe755-59e5-4369-826d-825f145a8400Tags: Distribution List, Office365, Office365 Admin Center